«Rehabilitation is time consuming and time shouldn’t be wasted» – Prof. Karel Lewit, Charles University, Prague. “At NYDNR we don’t waste your time with symptomatic and ineffective treatments. We use cutting edge comprehensive approach utilizing best methodology and technology available. Most importantly we really care to make you feel and move better.”
Who we are?
After completing his medical education in Russia Dr.Kalika enrolled into Chiropractic school in Chicago.
In 1997-1998 – Dr. Kalika received fellowship in Manual Medicine in Motol Hospital in Prague, Czech Republic under world-renowned Prof. Karel Lewit MD. Later on Dr. Kalika studied in Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic with another world-famous neurologist Vladimir Janda MD, hailed as the world’s leader in ‘rational therapy’ in musculoskeletal medicine and rehabilitation. Thereafter he met Prof. Pavel Kolar, the European sports celebrity doctor and developer of DNS (Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization) treatment method of musculoskeletal disorders. Observing Kolar’s treatment techniques and procedures and seeing how instantaneous the results were, Lev had little doubt what his next step would be.
Through the years of studying in Prague and learning Czech language Dr. Kalika was certified in both Vojta therapy and DNS according to Kolar approach.
Dr. Kalika is very proud to be the first practitioner on the East Coast to have the privilege of introducing DNS methodology that changed the way back pain and other locomotor dysfunctions are regarded and treated.
Being an active member of many scientific societies and taking over hundred different courses in the field of locomotor disorders, back pain, sports medicine and rehabilitation, Dr. Kalika developed strong interest in technological advances in the field of back pain and sports injury rehabilitation as well as diagnostic ultrasound application. Dr. Kalika spent several years learning from Christopher Powers P.T PhD of USC – world leader in biomechanical research and treatment of runners and professional athletes.
Dr.Kalika also studied Musculoskeletal Diagnostic Ultrasound under European renowned experts in orthopedic radiology prof. Alexander Kinzersky MD (Chelyabinsk, Russia) and Anna Vovchenko MD.
Dr. Kalika is registered by ARDMS (The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography) by passing first ever MSK (Muskuloskeletal Diagnostic Ultrasound) examination in the US.
Since 2011 with move to the new clinic and acquisition of new groundbreaking technology (first privately owned in the US) CAREN (Computer Assisted Rehabilitation Environment) as well as establishing gait and running analysis, sports injury prevention and sports performance lab, Dr Kalika positioned himself as an expert in the field of conservative treatment of back, hip, knee and shoulder pain as well as sports injury disorders.
Dr. Kalika is currently certified and is a member of:
- National Orthopedic Institute (Kiev, Ukraine);
- AIUM (American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine);
- Active member of ISMST (International Society of Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy);
- Active member of GCMAS (Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis Society);
- Active member of NASS (North American Spine Society);
- Active member of IADMS (International Association of Dance Medicine and Science);
- Active member of Virtual Rehabilitation Society;
- Over hundred postgraduate courses in the field of back pain, sports medicine, gait and neuromuscular, neurological and orthopedic rehabilitation.
Dr.Kalika utilizes variety of Manual Medicine, Physical Therapy and Osteopathic approaches which he has learned directly from world-renowned experts or has taken extensive formal training and certifications:
- DNS (Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization according to Kolar);
- Vladimir Janda (Muscle Imbalance Syndromes Approach;
- Manual Therapy Approach by Karel Lewit;
- ISM (Integrated System Approach by Diane Lee and L.J Lee);
- MSI (Movement System Impairment Approach by Shirley Saharmann);
- Mojisova approach;
- BPP by Jarmila Capova;
- KLAP Crawling;
- Muscle Energy Technique;
- Vojta Therapy (Treatment of neurological disorders in adults and children);
- CranioSacral therapy;
- Feldenkrais Approach;
- Christopher Powers Approach of return to sports and rehabilitation of PFPS (Patella Femoral Pain Syndromes) and sports related knee injuries;
- Gait analysis and gait rehabilitation for runners and patients with orthopedic problems in lower extremities;
- Dynamic Alignment Through Imagery (Erick Franklyn) – ballet dance medicine
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy;
- ART (Active Release Technique);
- RUSI (Rehabilitative Ultrasound Imaging) for diagnosis and training of deep stabilizing system;
- Myofascial release;
- Positional Release;
- SEMG (Surface Electromyography Retraining for TMJ and Headache Disorders);
After 10 years of training with renowned European sports medicine specialists, Dr. Kalika is the first DNS practitioner to bring Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization therapy method to New York. Located in Bryant Park, we have state of the art facilities and equipment. We strive to offer a welcoming environment and friendly staff.
To prepare for your first visit, please learn more about our staff and what to expect. You may also be interested in reading the testimonials of past patients.