NYDNRehab is a leading comprehensive rehabilitation clinic in NYC and a nationally recognized brand. We provide a wide range of innovative rehabilitation services and treat different conditions. We are proud to be the first clinic utilizing research technology for treatment and functional diagnosis and our professionals have great experience in sports medicine, neurorehab, orthopedics, back pain treatment and pediatric rehabilitation. Our clinic posses the most advanced rehabilitation technology available in outpatient setting. In the future we are sure to become a new standard for the whole field of physical therapy and rehabilitation as the combination of our technology and methods is unparalleled.
Here at NYDNRehab we have decided to reward brilliant students by offering an academic scholarship opportunity. A $1500 scholarship will cover tuition expenses of the successful individual.
- The scholarship is available for current undergraduate or graduate students. All the applicants (incoming, full-time and part-time) need to be currently enrolled in order to apply. You should verify your enrollment emailing your transcript to email@example.com (fill your name in the subject line). Incoming students need to submit their acceptance letter.
- Applicants should be interested in biomedical related research (field of biomechanics and movement science)
- Any previous scholarship or monetary prize record will not influence this scholarship award
- Applicants will need to submit an application form on this page
- To apply, you need to write an essay of 400 words (maximum)
Our scholarship is open annually. Each year application submission starts on November 15th. We accept applications by July 21st, 2017.
The total award amount is $1500 that will be split between two students. Each one gets $750. The winner announcement will be able by August 15th (Postponed until September 1), 2017 on this page. We will contact scholarship winners directly at the time of the announcement. The winner can get his/her scholarship at the school’s financial aid office.
Selection process is based on the essays that will be reviewed by a panel of independent judges.
The essay should include 3 sections answering the following questions:
1. What is the role of technology in future rehabilitation medicine?
2. What is the role of virtual reality in the treatment and rehabilitation of patients with movement disorders?
3. What are the challenges in implementing research based approaches to everyday practice?
The scholarship can be used to cover tuition and book fees only. Once awarded, the recipient’s enrolled school gets a written check which is credited for academic costs. Scholarship should be used within one semester. You can be awarded only one-time scholarship during your lifetime.
NYDNRehab’s goal is to assist other physical therapy and rehabilitation centers with the development of technology based care programs and let patients learn more about new technologically based treatments.
Media contact: Dr. Lev Kalika
Address: 130 west 42 street, suite 1055
New York, NY 10036
Do We Need to Change How We Treat ACL Tears in Athletes? ACL rupture is an all-too-common athletic injury that physical therapists have been treating for decades. Yet the statistics surrounding return to play (RTP) after an ACL tear and surgical reconstruction are dismal, with only 55 percent of athletes returning to competitive sport after […]Read More (0)
For all its complexity, your elbow is a fairly rugged joint that can withstand high force loads. Nevertheless, overuse from sports like tennis or golf, repetitive occupational use, and carrying heavy loads with extended elbows can all lead to debilitating chronic pain. The first step to treatment is pinpointing the exact location and cause of […]Read More (0)